Sunday, 18 March 2012

Remember Algarve



Praia da Falésia



The Algarve with its glorious sunshine through the year and fine white sands is a perfect dream place. When my parents-in-law suggested to spend Christmas (2007) in the Algarve, my mom and I were on fire. For my mom and me it would be our first Portugal vacation and the idea to spent Christmas in the sun was just heavenly.  


When you fell in love with a country, a city or a place that touched your soul, your visit is principally too short and you always try to relish each moment of your stay. The number of pictures I got in my "suitcase" at the end of my Portugal vacation, tells you how deeply impressed I was to see the breathtaking and sweeping scenery of the Algarve. It's a place surrounded by bright colours: the golden sun, the crystal clear water of the Atlantic Ocean, the clear blue sky and the vivid green pine trees.


Untitled-1
Pinewood Forest
Praia da Falésia


The surreal and dramatic red-orange cliff line and the white washed walls of the buildings in the Algarve's old towns. In other words it's "A European paradise" and balm for my soul.

PicFrame_Falesa1_1
A walk to remember
Praia da Falésia




PicFram_Falesa3
Algarve Holiday Homes
Now I can understand why Kevin's grandparents spent their winter (from January to March) in the Algarve Region for more than 20 years. I love to looked at their old Portugal pictures and videos, especially those when their children and grandchildren visited them during Holy Week. For health reasons Kevin's grandparents stopped spending their winter in the Algarve for many years. When we've told them that we'll spend Christmas at their former winter exile, Kevin's grandparents gave us tons of tips where to go, where to eat, what to see etc.. We knew how much they've love to come with us and we how wished to take them with us. 

Atlantic Ocean and Pine Trees
Atlantic ocean and pine trees


It’s easy to fall in love with the Algarve and for some people, like Kevin's grandparents, it's a lifetime love affair!


This is the first of my Algarve series. More to come.


PicFrame_Falesa2_1

5 comments:

  1. hi sweetie!!! its so nice to see your updates and travel post!! i've been waiting your email but i thought you might be very busy!!!! hope everything is ok with you and kevin!!!
    misses you much.... xoxo,M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just read your email! Happy to hear from you even though you're very busy. Have a great weekend a head! Kisses from Berlin

      Delete
  2. ganda jan ah! lucky you for spending christmas in such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke Christian! I'm truly in love with Portugal. Btw, I'll be in Portugal again in two weeks. :)

      Delete
  3. Just beautiful, Krizz!!
    "When you fell in love with a country, a city or a place that touched your soul, your visit is principally too short and you always try to relish each moment of your stay."
    - I can't even begin to say how much this rings true to every traveler.
    I do hope we get to visit algarve in this lifetime.
    And... what stunning photos you took! *clap clap clap*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...